St. Margaret's Center
At St. Margaret’s we believe kids who are facing the most serious medical challenges deserve the opportunity to just be kids.
St. Margaret’s Center offers cutting-edge, 24-hour long-term intensive medical care to chronically ill children and children who have disabilities.
But, more than just skilled care, St. Margaret’s is a place where infants, children and young adults can learn and grow despite any obstacle. We’re focused on creating a full childhood experience for every patient, which includes activities, school, family and friends in a warm atmosphere that feels like home. We see our patients as kids, not conditions.
What makes St. Margaret’s special?
- Compassionate, caring and experienced staff
- 24-Hour Skilled Nursing Care
- Less than one mile to Albany Medical Center
- Wide range of services and therapies tailored to the needs of long-term pediatric care
- On-site and community-based NYS licensed school services
- Individually focused and group life activities
- Fully-accessible playground
- Dental services
We’re also here to support families who are facing difficult times – and here to celebrate with them during happier times. Each family becomes our family.
Family and Social Service Support includes:
- Assistance with insurance and benefits
- Guidance in navigating available services
- On-site furnished apartment for family stays
- Family-focused events and activities